FREE Seminar: 3 Part Series - Buying And Selling A Small Business
Topics that will be covered in this live workshop are:
Learn what is Sellers Discretionary Earnings and how it is calculated, Learn how to determine the value of a business you are selling or buying, Learn how to determine the REAL PROFITABILITY of a business, not what the broker is advertising, What are the insider's secrets of how to make sure you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR when buying or selling a business?, Learn the difference between industry and financial due diligence & why you need both.
COMPLETE OVERVIEW-BUYING OR SELLING A SMALL TO MID SIZE BUSINESS. (PART A)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO DO DUE DILIGENCE ON A BUSINESS
Dates: Saturday February 8th, Saturday March 14th
Time: 9AM to 1PM
Cost: No Charge
WHAT ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY:
1. This seminar is critical for anyone wishing to invest in purchasing a business and for sellers who may want to prepare their business for the sale.
2. I loved Willard's humor.
3. I liked the stories you shared about actual cases. They helped to understand the points you were making.
4. I liked that it was a real seminar ON-SUBJECT as opposed to a sales pitch. The workshop was better than I expected.
5. The seminar is well rounded. I would recommend it to others based on the valuable information portrayed.
6. I learned how to find fraud in the documents provided by sellers.
7. I learned how important it is to not buy the wrong business.
8. Meeting Willard was an inspiration.
9. Willard’s speaking style is accessible and down to earth along with his sense of humor.
10. The speaker’s knowledge and background are extensive and a big asset if you want to buy or sell a business.
11. The speaker freely gave honest answers to all questions.
12. The seminar was interactive not a lecture.
13. I loved the casual style of speaking. A great amount of information was given.
14. The seminar made difficult business information palatable.
15. I loved the case studies of how to become a smart buyer.
SUBJECTS COVERED IN MY THREE PART WORKSHOP SERIES:
- You will learn what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying a business.
- You will learn what the advantages and disadvantages of buying a franchise.
- You will learn the different sources of financing
- You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of buying the real estate under the business instead of leasing it.
- You will learn what to look for in a lease.
- You will learn where to go to find businesses that are for sale.
- You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of using a business broker.
- You will learn what are the good and bad industries to buy into these days.
- What are the business types that can be run as an absentee owner?
- You will learn when and how to make offers and what the 13 protection points that must be addressed in your offers to protect yourself.
- You will learn the procedure step by step for locating and buying a business.- When should you make your offer. Before or after making an offer. Before or after due diligence.
- How do you make a non-binding offer.
- What are the items in the purchase contract that can cost you money if you want out of the deal.
- How do you determine if a seller is just tire kicking and will not be realistic in the negotiations
- How do you handle an uncooperative broker.
- What shall you demand from the seller before making an offer.
- Which purchase contract should you require to be used that will protect your rights.
- What protections do you have to have in an offer to protect your deposit.
- Are escrow instructions identical to the purchase contract. Are they supposed to be?
There will also be plenty of time to answer all your questions about the process of buying or selling a business.
Location: Seal Beach or Los Alamitos (Near Long Beach) depending on the number of registered attendees. Address and directions are provided the week of the seminar.
PLEASE RSVP: 805-428-2063
About The Presenter: Willard Michlin, CPA (106752) offers California business buyers Due Diligence Services (Second Opinion, Offer Assistance, Final Due Diligence) when they are thinking of making an offer on a business or in the process of investigating a business purchase.
|Helpful Resources To Assist In Selling And Buying California Businesses|
|Helen Yoo, New Century Escrow - Escrow Services In Southern California
New Century Escrow, Inc. is a fully licensed & bonded independent escrow company. Over 20 years combined experience in handling bulk escrow transactions. Multi-lingual staff that speaks your language, including Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese. Call Helen Yoo direct at 626-890-1151.
|Diane Boudreau-Tschetter: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - CA
California Business Escrow, Inc. is a full service independent escrow company serving all of California and has expertise in a wide range of escrows. Our team prides itself on providing an exceptional escrow experience. For more info phone Diane Boudreau-Tschetter at 888-383-3331 or 209-838-1100.
|Shalonda Chappel: Escrow & Bulk Sale Services - Southern California
Escrow services to brokers/agents, sellers, & buyers. Established 43 years. Extraordinary service. Experienced with handling difficult transactions. One stop for all your escrow needs: Bulk sales, lien searches, UCC searches, liquor license transfers, publishing & recording services. 951-808-3972.
|William F. Ziprick, Attorney: Legal Services For Buyers And Sellers
Through creative problem solving, attention to detail, accessibility, & understanding that unnecessary delay is often a deal killer, I work closely with my clients and other professionals to consistently achieve a high rate of closings. Office: 909-255-8353, Cell: 509-951-7230.
|Brad Steinberg, Business Broker: Laundromat Specialist
PWS is the leading laundromat broker in California. Since 1968 PWS has brokered over 2,500 laundromat sales. With over 90 employees dedicated to the coin laundry industry, PWS has 18 licensed agents, a 3 person in-house finance department, 10 service technicians and a 20 person parts department.
|Mike Brewer: Liquor License Broker, ABC Consulting Service
Liquor license brokerage and consulting services. We provide: Alcohol License Transfers Application Consulting & Processing, Liquor License Purchases & Sales, City Zoning Permits & Land Use Entitlements, Public Convenience or Necessity Findings and Letters. Phone Mike Brewer direct at 800-437-1100.
|Elizabeth McGovern: Escrow Services - San Francisco Bay Area
McGovern Escrow Services, Inc., is a leading independent escrow company. We are a trusted partner with our clients, assisting them through the tangled bulk sale & liquor license transfer process. We provide attentive, quality & innovative customer service. Phone Elizabeth McGovern at 415-735-3645.
|Chuck Post: Laundry Buyer Representation, Consulting, Due Diligence
32 years experience in the laundry industry, specializing in assisting laundry buyers with buying or starting up, re-tooling, laundries in Southern CA. Laundry buyer representation, consulting, due-diligence, lease negotiations, laundry valuations. Call 619-227-5711 (Cell).
|Related Articles, Events, Blog Posts, Discussions, Videos, Interviews|
|Broker Explains Allocation Of The Purchase Price When Selling A Business
There are a handful of key asset categories in allocating or breaking down the purchase price allocation of a California business sale. Allocation is required to complete the transaction. In this blog post Lee Petsas (Orange County Business Broker) at 714-363-0440 covers asset allocation classes.
|Deposits With Business Purchase Agreements: How Much? Structure? Refundable?
Purchase agreements when buying or selling a small business can be tricky. A top Southern CA Business Broker discusses this topic including multiple strategies regarding deposits with business purchase agreements. Lee Petsas (Orange County Business Broker) at 714-363-044 contributes this blog post
|Millennial Buyers: What Are They Seeking When Buying A Small Business?
First, we must define, who are the Millennials? The exact years are up for debate, but Millennials were born during approximately between 1981-1986, which today would be between 22 and 37 years of age. Joe Ranieri looks at what these buyers are looking for and what qualities they seek in businesses.
|Thinking About Selling A Small Business? Know These 8 Factors That Matter
The likelihood of selling a business is often determined by external factors in the marketplace. Here are eight influences on how easy, or difficult it might be when selling a small California business. Peter Siegel at 925-785-3118 (BizBen ProSell Program) explains these factors for owner/sellers.
|Business Purchase Financing Help - Expert Tips For Faster SBA Loan Approvals
Business purchase financing advisor Peter Siegel, MBA shares his views on SBA loan financing. He explains the nuances of the SBA loan process when considering business purchase financing or getting pre-qualified. Reach Peter Siegel, MBA direct at 925-785-3118 regarding SBA & Non SBA Loan Financing.
|Business Purchase Financing Expert Peter Siegel - Tips On Proving Cash Flow
What are the actual "provable" adjusted net earnings (cash flow) of a small to mid-sized business being purchased? Buyers need to look carefully at all financial info for the "real" adjusted net income/cash flow. Peter Siegel, MBA (BizBen ProBuy & ProSell Lead Facilitator) at 925-785-3118 explains.
|Getting An SBA Loan To Buy A Small Business: Dispelling Some Major Myths
When seeking SBA loan financing many potential business buyers have wrong information about the process of securing the best financing to buy a business. Peter Siegel, MBA (at 925-785-3118) a business purchase financing expert delves into the myths and facts regarding SBA loan financing.
|Can A Business Seller Back Out Of Escrow If They Simply Change Their Mind?
Can a seller of a small business back out of an ongoing escrow? Probably, yes, it all depends how far along the escrow is, which will dictate how messy things will get for both owner & buyer. Joe Ranieri (Southern California Business Broker) gives his feedback with others on this BizBen Discussion.